Saturday, June 20, 2015

Customer Photos- June 2015

First i have the lovely Deborah wearing the Red Velvet Dress i posted about before, earlier post Here.
Im so pleased with how it came out and being able to see it on, since i cant do fitting alway around the world i'm never sure exactly how things are going to work on. You can check out Deborah's professional  facebook page here :

Second I have a photo from the lovely Ayelet wearing the Marilyn Monroe Hallway Dress styled with her own belt. See the post about this dress here. She specializes in Natural skin care products and is currently doing a Product Fundraiser for her shop. Check it out! You can also find her Etsy shop here:

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Marilyn Monroe's Henrietta Award Dress- Red Velvet-

This dress was a fun project, something i have been wanting to make for a while. Styled after the dress worn by Marilyn Monroe. Red velvet mermaid evening gown with woven piping detail on the bust and velvet loop fringe hangs from the strap. The bodice structure is made like an over-wire bra with a wire support in the center and shaping the sweetheart neckline, the midriff, sides and back have boning support. back invisible zipper, two layer petticoat with netting under the skirt to accentuate the mermaid shape :-)

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Niagara Dress in Polkadots

  It's not often that i get to make the same dress several times each in a different fabric or print. I must say that i love this Niagara dress design even more in dots than the solid pink that i usually use. Though maybe its just because its something different. Its a classic Marilyn Monroe dress that just screams 50s but is still very wearable today. All of these are cotton prints, the black with small red dots is a stretch poplin, the others are non-stretch. All have built in foam cups and faux button fronts with an invisible zipper up the back. My fave is the red with black dots below ;-)

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Marilyn's 2pc Bikini Sunsuit in Navy Blue

Another Marilyn Monroe classic outfit, 2pc bikini and shorts set, this time in Navy blue with white buttons and trim, you can see the original Marilyn outfit below and my first post about this suit in white here:

Niagara Top & Skirt

 This set is styled after an outfit worn by Marilyn Monroe while shooting "Niagara"
A wide square neckline top with wide cap style sleeves, angled darts in front and buttons up the back. On the bottom is a fitted wiggle skirt with an angled wrap front. The set is available as a custom order through my Etsy shop.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Marilyn Monroe's Little Black Bubble Dress

 This dress was inspired by a dress worn by Marilyn Monroe in the late 1950s, when she was filming/promoting for "Some Like it Hot''  I made a few changes to the original dress design which you can see below.  I raised the neckline at the customers request and put in a stretch mesh lining with bra cups in the bodice. I did not include the back bubble drape as i felt it was a bit too much fabric, though i did have to weight the back hem to counter the weight of the drape in the front to get an even hemline. Great little black dress with an unexpected detail. This will be available as a custom order item in my Etsy shop Morningstar84

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mad Men Dresses-Late 60s

I made these dresses sometime last year and forgot about posting them, three are styled after the dresses worn by ''Megan'' and the last was a secretary i don't remember her name. All from the Tv show Mad Men.  All of these were made using vintage patterns that were close to the basic shape and then modified for each dresses specific details.

Empire waist Shift dress. Hounds-tooth non stretch woven fabric. double breasted with silver button front, short sleeves, Large fold down collar. Fully lined

 Teal stretch suiting fabric, also double breasted button front, shift with short sleeves, asymmetrical collar and chiffon scarf pin, also was fully lined, this time with a stretch satin.

This one is more of a full A-line with princess seams, printed bias binding and neck scarf, can be worn in a bow of just a knot with long ends, made using a stretch navy suiting and lined in stretch navy satin. back zipper, I was lucky to find a vintage cotton print that was similar to the same print used on the show

And finally a light blue stretch suiting wiggle dress with short sleeves and attached scarf collar, fitted bodice with pencil skirt. small gathers at the hip, back zipper, fully lined in stretch satin.