As i'm sure you can tell wedding season is in full swing! These are just a few of the things I finished this month.
Above is the picture I was given (taken from an ebay listing) a bias cut Dior dress without a lining that was not the correct size for my customer. The fabric she chose and sent to me is a synthetic chiffon and is a bit stiffer than the chiffon the original dress was obviously made with but it worked out well despite weight difference. I used a light weight satin fabric also cut on the bias for the slip. It was one of my favorite projects this month though not my usual vintage style I enjoyed the challenge of figuring out all those circular ruffles, also note the covered button closure up the side.
This dress and jacket are a combination of the Audrey dress above and the Marilyn dress and jacket below.
A favorite dress in faux plum silk with a higher back neckline.
A rarely seen photo pf Marilyn Monroe in an early costume test and my version made from that image, using stretch satin.
Forever a classic the Sabrina dress in blue Thai silk