Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Red Niagara Jacket & Blouse-Marilyn Monroe





One of my favorite jackets of Marilyn's. Red wool with wide open collar, 3/4 length sleeves with cuffs, fully lined. Front and sleeves are cut as one with a center back seam. One big white button finishes off the look. Below you can see my first collar test with the pattern on the dress form. I usually go through 2-3 pattern adjustments before I get it the way i like it. The blouse I designed since I wasnt able to find any pictures or hints as to what it looked like. It may not even be a blouse but a scarf tucked into the neckline but for wear-ability, I went with a blouse. It as a white rayon fabric, very simple styling with front darts and back tucks. The front closes just below the waist with two small buttons. I added removable shoulder pads.

Also you may have noticed my Etsy shop is very empty and will be for a while. I am expecting a baby at the end of the summer and will not be taking anymore orders for 2013. I will continue to post projects as I finish them, there are a bunch left to do before the little one arrives. I do plan on taking more orders sometime in 2014. 
All photos showing my work may not be used in anyway without permission from me.

4 comments:

  1. I truly love your work and when I can I will start ordering stuff from you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect to be back to work early 2014, I will be letting everyone know on my Facebook page when its official :-)
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morningstar84/218527028164371

      Delete
  2. It's amazing! This is one of my most favorite pieces that Marilyn wore! What kind of lining did you use?

    ReplyDelete