Tuesday, June 17, 2014

White Cotton Sun Suit Tankini with Underwire Bra-Custom

This was a custom request with only the center model image to go by. There was no back image but because she wanted a stretch cotton fabric and not a typical swimwear fabric and she didn't want a zipper i decided to go with a scoop back and tie so that it could easily be put on and taken off. I also was guessing about the strap finishing but a standard adjustable back strap made the most sense. The bottoms are a basic low-rise brief with elastic edging.  I used a thin foam from a bra making suppler to line the cups and also used under wire. Inside i used a non-stretch white cotton that runs the full width of the bodice. Just 1/2 an inch under the bust and up between the cups and on the sides, like a bra front lining to keep the cups from stretching away from each other. I have noticed that a lot of cheap bustiers don't put in a non stretch support fabric between the cups and it never fits properly with out it. That's my little tip for the day :-)

Also if you are interested in having something made for you, my turn around is 4-6 months so do let me know ASAP! You can check out my Etsy shop under the same name Morningstar84

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did an amazing job! Would love to see it on the buyer, as I am sure she will adore this suit.

    ReplyDelete