Monday, November 19, 2012

Marilyn Monroe's Blue Polka-dot Sundress




 Styled after the dress worn by Marilyn Monroe for a photo shoot with then husband Arthur Miller, this cotton sundress features 4 gathered tiers each separated by white piping. Fitted midriff with gathered bust, built in bra cups, boning in sides seams, curving seam also finished with white piping, straps tie in the back with a bow, center back invisible zipper. This dress took about two days just to gather and pipe the skirt and I used a lot of fabric! It really came out well though, it was definitely worth all the time. It is now available over at my Etsy shop Morningstar84  :-)

 
 




















5 comments:

  1. You have got it absolutely spot on! It's gorgeous, well done! I was wondering though, where to you get your fabrics, because you always seem to get them exactly right! :) Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I spend a LOT of time looking locally and online for the best fabric for each project.

      Delete
    2. I know how painful that is! I try and reproduce Audrey Hepburn costumes just for fun, and i'm such a perfectionist that it took me around 2 years to find the right coloured wool fabric! Keep up the amazing work! Henry :)

      Delete
  2. Omg this dress is so beautiful I would love to owe it, where can I order it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove this dress, and this is my favourite shoot with Bert Stern. I have always thought about making it myself, but I suck.

    ReplyDelete