Thursday, June 6, 2013

Simplicity 1624-1950s Pinup Halter Bikini Tops









The outfits above are a made from Simplicity 1624 view 2. It is a super easy little top, with only 4 pattern pieces: the cups, the tie, halter band and under bust band. The cups are cut on the bias with a straight center front seam hidden by the tie which is sewn into the band. The sides of the cup are slightly curved and gathered. I used another vintage pattern that i have adapted for the shorts, i don't remember which pattern I originally used to make the shorts pattern since I have re-sized it a few times. I also added pockets to one set. Both are made using cotton fabrics that I have had hanging around. The green Hawaiian print set I adjusted the cups to make them a little larger, as is the pattern would best fit a B-C cup. Both samples are available over at my second shop Psychedelic Pinup.



No comments:

Post a Comment