Saturday, August 10, 2013

Teal Silk 1930's Evening Dress- Eva Dress Pattern




 This dress was a custom request, she sent me the fabric that she chose, a silk satin and matching lace. The design she chose is a nightgown pattern from Eva Dress Patterns, number NL30-7121 they make and sell copies of vintage patterns. The nightgown was meant to be a slip on so the back was loose, meant to be held in with the back tie, also the skirt pattern is Aline. I added back darts to the bodice and the skirt and curved in the skirt at the knee for a more hourglass shape. The skirt length also had to be adjusted, so quite a bit of pattern alteration was done before I ever cut out the dress. I put in an invisible zipper in the side seam, since i didn't want to mess with lace detail across the shoulders, I also made the waist tie separate from the dress so the tie could be worn to the side or in the back. Forgive the wrinkles, i hadn't pressed the dress yet when i took pics! Have a dress custom made for you through my Etsy shop Morningstar84

My Lovely customer sent a quick pic of herself wearing the dress :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment