Sunday, July 10, 2011

Black & White Swimsuit






I designed this suit after seeing a vintage striped satin suit on ebay years ago. Someone saw a picture of the first one i made and i have since had a few requests for it, so here is the one i just finished. It has boning in the topside seams and soft foam cups, an elastic band across the back with hooks, i have hook and eye tape which is the best stuff ever so much easier than sewing each.
the shorts were modified from a vintage swimsuit pattern and have little darts under the butt to keep from gaping, i drafted the front skirt which gathers with drawstrings up the front. The whole top and bottom are lined in light weight cotton, i used a vintage zipper for the shorts and finished the top edge with a bias binding :-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is adorable! I may need one of these in my life. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was searching for vintage swimsuits on etsy, came across your site, and then found your blog info - LOVE it! You're a very talented seamstress and I'm quite envious! I wish I were about 8" taller and 100 pounds lighter - then I could wear beautiful dresses like these too!

    ReplyDelete