Monday, March 4, 2013

Marilyn Monroe Bus Stop Skirt & Blouse


 

 

 Is seems I forgot to post this outfit! I made the top and skirt below last spring. The top is a yellow gold faux silk fabric with black lace overlay. Drawstring neckline with long front ties, elastic puffed sleeves with decorative bows. The back waist has a zipper that runs from the hem to just a few inches below the neckline for a more snug fit. The skirt i made of a stretch satin self lined, covered buttons down the side. Above are the costume images of Marilyn Monroe in the original outfit. All images below belong to Morningstar84 and may not be used without permission.





5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Do you make all your own clothing? If so, do you dress in vintage clothing? I'd love to see you in your style if possible! I really need to learn how to sew better quicker! How long have you been sewing for, how did you start etc? *inserts more questions* My dream is to become able to sew like you, so your've become my sewing idol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! lol so many questions! maybe i should just do a post about me, i don't think i've done that yet. I have been sewing professionally for almost 12 years but i have been sewing since i was 6. My mom is a seamstress who worked from home so i learned a lot just from being around her. My best advice is to keep sewing, so many people get discouraged when something doesn't come out well and never try again. Sewing is a life long learning process, you are never done and i mean that in the best way possible! There is always something new to try and learn, that's what keeps it interesting :-)

      Delete
  2. Where can I get this for my daughter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dean,
      I take custom orders from my Etsy shop Morningstar84. However I am currently on maternity leave so any new orders will not be arriving until early 2014.

      Delete
  3. How much is this please? I can't find this on your etsy page.:) It is very cute. Would you be able to make this in a different green also?

    ReplyDelete